We welcome further contributions to these records relating to Irish Bullens and we would be happy to acknowledge you and your records provenance on this web site
- The Roman Catholic Church Registers were not in the custody of the Four Courts and therefore all survived the 1922 fire.
- Many of them have been filmed and are on microfiche at the National Library of Ireland. Some are on Microfiche at the Mormon Family History Centres.
- However, The Roman Catholic Church was not obliged to keep Church registers until the 19th Century. Some did keep registers before that date, but most didn’t.
- The Irish Government site (irishgenealogy.ie ) is in the process of putting all Church registers on the internet and many entered here are from that site
- We have only looked, so far, at a few of the Roman Catholic registers, but have purchased some from “pay” sites and obtained information from priests who still hold the registers.
- Also included are those from the newspapers and Civil registration.